Did you know cucumbers are fruits but we eat them as vegetables 🙂 I love cucumbers and I enjoy eating cucumbers in my Salads and Raitas. Cucumbers are rich in vitamins and good source of antioxidants. They are great energy boosters and stress busters. Cucumber contains more than 90% water.
Here is a supercool cucumber finger food recipe (stove/gas free). Its an awesome colourful appetizer. Try this nutritious & tasty recipe….
Ingredients for Cucumber-Paneer bites/cups (for four)
5 Cucumbers (medium size)
Stuffing Ingredients –
- 100gm grated Paneer (Soft cheese)
- 1/2 bowl chopped Spring onion
- 1/4 bowl chopped coriander
- 1/4 bowl chopped capsicum
- 1/4 bowl chopped carrot
- 1 table spoon chopped mint leaves
- 1tsp chat masala
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped (optional)
- 2 table spoon pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 2 tsp tomato hot/chilli sauce (optional)
- 1tsp finely chopped green chillies (optional)
- Spices – coriander,Cumin, chilli powder – as per taste
- Salt – as per taste
- Indian Raisins & Cashew nuts for garnishing
How to proceed
- Add all the stuffing ingredients in a big bowl and mix together.
- Wash and Peel (optional) cucumbers and cut into rounds 1-inch to 1 1/2-inches thick.
- Scoop out the middle part of the cucumber with the help of spoon to make a cup. Try not to take out everything, keep a thin layer at the bottom of the cup.
- Fill all the cucumber cups with the stuffing
- Garnish it with raisins ,cashew nuts & pomegranate seeds.
- Colourful, tasty, healthy cucumber-paneer cups/bites are ready.
- You can add any vegetables , cheese, yogurt, rice noodles etc as stuffing.
- The discarded cucumber middles can be used for salads or to make cucumber water or just apply them on the skin :))