Happy Ganesh Chaturthi!!!!
Ganesh festival is one of the major Indian festivals that is celebrated in different parts of India with great enthusiasm. Please see the link below for more information on Ganesh festival…
Today I would like to share couple of easy and delicious sweet recipes which you all can make during next ten days of Ganesh Festival… Happy Cooking!!!
Stove Free – Instant Besan Ladoo Recipe
Ingredients (for 12-15 ladoos)
- Split Roasted Gram daal 250 gm
- Sugar 200 gm
- Ghee (clarified butter) 200 gm
- Cardamom powder ½ tsp – optional
- Dry fruits – optional
How to proceed
- Grind split roasted gram daal and make powder
- Grind Sugar and make powder
- Add Sugar and cardamom powder in the gram daal podwer
- Add dry fruit pieces – optional
- Mix well
- Slowly add ghee (if ghee is thick-melt it over the low heat or microwave)
- Mix with hands
- Once you are able to make small balls with the mixture stop adding ghee.
- Make small balls –ladoos
- Instant- stove free –Delicious & Ganesha’s favourite Besan ladoos are ready .. Enjoy!!!
Healthy and Yummy Thuli (crushed wheat) Halwa
Ingredients (for four)
- 1 cup finely crushed wheat
- 1 cup Jaggery (as per sweetness)
- ¼ cup Ghee (clarified butter)
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2cups water
- Add Jaggery to one cup warm water and keep it aside
- Heat the pan and pour the ghee
- Add thuli and sauté on low heat till it turns golden brown
- Pressure cook thuli (like rice) or microwave in 1 1/2 cup water
- Heat the pan & Sieve the jaggery water and pour into the pan
- Add cooked thuli in it
- Add cardamom powder & dry fruit pieces
- Cover and let it simmer for 15 min – stir occasionally
- Add milk for rich creamy taste – mix well
- Cover and let it simmer for 5-7 min – stir occasionally
- The mixture starts thickening and starts to leave the edge of the pan
- Healthy-Yummy Sooji Halwa is ready… Enjoy!!!