From Aparna’s Kitchen:
We all know this saying “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.” As the day begins, we are more active and need sufficient intake in the morning to kick-start our energy levels. In-short Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. For our children who eat dinner at 7- 7:30 pm, its a long fasting night so its important for them to have breakfast everyday. But what they eat in the morning is equally important. Choosing breakfast foods that are rich in whole grains, fiber, and protein can boost children’s attention span, concentration, and memory.
Why not try this healthy, nutritious wholegrain pancake & see the smile on your little-ones face and start the day on a great healthy note.
Ingredients: (For four)
1 1/2 cup Wheat flour
1/2 cup Ragi flour (Finger Millet)
1/2 Oat powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg (optional)
1 1/2 cup milk
How to proceed:
1. Sift together Wheat, Ragi ,oat powder baking powder, sugar, and salt in a separate bowl.
2. Whisk together the egg (optional) and 1 1/2 cups of milk.
3. Mix 1 & 2, stirring until smooth.
4. If the batter seems too thick to pour, add a little more milk.
5. Cook on a hot tava (griddle)
6. Cook until bubbly, a little dry around the edges, and lightly browned on the bottom
7. Cook on the other side too
8. Serve these delicious pancakes with Honey , Maple syrup or Butter and use your own favorite fruit toppings on them. Enjoy !!!!
Tip : You could add mashed Banana/strawberries/Pear etc in the pancake batter for the flavor and also for the nutrients🙂