From Aparna’s Kitchen
Even though we always help our children to eat right, our children still need to be encouraged to try many different foods with different tastes. Sometimes our dinner table is a battleground of tears and threats.
But I guarantee you, there will be no more tears for this special pumpkin recipe, children will be happy to eat these yummy pumpkin parathas.
Now a days we parents are more health conscious and keep ourselves up to date with the healthy eating and its nutritional values. As you know, pumpkins are available all year around. They come in many different shapes, sizes and colors. Because of the natural sugar present in the Pumpkin they taste sweet. Pumpkins are loaded with Beta-carotene, vitamin A, C, fibers and are low in calories. They are good source of Potassium, Protein and Iron too.
All these nutritional pumpkin facts prevent us from many diseases. Vitamin A is good for eyes and C is good for frequent infections. Fiber is good for constipation or indigestion.
So why not try this power packed recipe for maximum nutrition.
Ingredients (For Six parathas)
1/2 cup Multigrain/wheat flour
1/2 cup Ragi flour (Finger millet)
250 gm Pumpkin
1/2 cup Organic jaggery
(If not using organic jaggery then
grate the jaggery before using)
1 teaspoon of cardamom powder
How to proceed
1. Wash & peel the pumpkin
2. Cut into medium size pieces
2. Boil/steamcook pumpkin
3. Mix well jaggery, cardamom powder & the cooked pumpkin together
4. Slowly add the flour in the pumpkin mixture to make a dough
5. Do not add water
6. Keep this dough aside for at least 30min or you can make the dough & keep it
in the refrigerator for later use.
5. Divide the dough into portions
6. Roll out each portion & make it round.
8. Cook on the hot Tawa on both sides with little ghee/butter
9. Healthy pumpkin parathas are ready … Enjoy with jam/milk
Tip: Adding different flours are optional you could make these parathas with just wheat atta also.