From Aparna’s Kitchen
Want to get the kids to eat Beetroot, then try this simple recipe.
I have been making these parathas for years now & my kids simply love these parathas..
It’s a good lunch box item. With this simple recipe, we can encourage our
kids to eat Beetroot. As we all know Beetroot is packed with nutrients. It is a super store house of Vitamin C and Iron. Because of its amazing range of vitamins and other nutrients Beetroot is considered as ‘Immune system Booster’.
I feel really happy whenever I share this healthy recipe, now it’s for you all… Have fun cooking!!!
Ingredients (For Six parathas)
1/2 cup Multigrain/wheat flour
1/2 cup Ragi flour (Finger millet)
1/2 cup Jowar flour
1 medium Beetroot
3,4 Garlic cloves finely chopped.
1/4 cup finely chopped coriander (optional)
1 tsp sesame seeds for dough
3 tsp sesame seeds for toppings
1/2 tsp celery seeds
1/2 tsp Coriander/Cumin powder
Chilli powder or Green chillies optional
How to proceed
1. Wash & peel the beetroot (optional)
2. Boil/ steam cook it
3. Make beetroot & garlic paste
4. Mix all the dry ingredients first
5. Mix the beetroot paste & Coriander & the dry ingredients together & add enough water to make a dough
4. Keep this dough aside for at least 30min or you can make the dough & keep it
in the refrigerator for later use.
5. Divide the dough into portions
6. Roll out each portion & make it round.
7. If you like put sesame seeds on the top
8. Cook on the hot Tawa on both sides with little ghee/butter/oil etc
9.Colorful Beetroot paratha is ready … Enjoy with Dahi/Tomato ketchup/Chutney
Tip: Adding different flours are optional you could make these parathas with just atta(wheat flour) also. You could even add 1/2 cup of finely chopped coriander too.